Big changes afoot here in Igor’s camp. All the forethought or lack thereof is now in the pudding, as they say, and the next six months are set to run by, changes in tow, at an almost frightening speed.
In the past 12 months these things have happened:
- My band wrote a handful of great arrangements.
- I applied to 6 PhD programs.
- My apartment building had a fire that meant me moving on short notice.
- I worked all the time.
- I published an article in the inimitable, indispensible culture guide HESO magazine.
- I bought a big sapphire.
- I got engaged.
In the next six months these things will happen:
- I will finish Crazy Talk’s record.
- I will quit my job.
- I will spend the summer in the task of recovering my Russian from the fog of disuse.
- I will get married.
- I will move to the West Coast.
- I will start my PhD.
Happy Easter. Spring brings in changes carried light on the wings of a sweet wind, and I leave the arid chrome canyons of the myth of Manhattan behind me. Out of Mordor, out of Mordor asmile.